Beefy Bridge Ground Anchor
- How easy is it to install?
- What is the choice of fitting kits?
- Dimensions & technical details
New! The Beefy Bridge is a high security ground anchor with far higher approvals than its price would suggest! It has Sold Secure Gold approval and is also Police approved (under the ACPO Secured-by-Design scheme).
Unique in its price range, it is offered with a wide choice of fitting kits, to help you get a good result in a variety of situations. And as with all our anchors, it is made in Britain! This page gives more technical information about the Beefy Bridge ground anchor.
The Beefy Bridge Ground Anchor offers the following features:
- It is a high security ground anchor using four high-quality fixings
- It has a heavy, 8mm thickness, steel bridge welded to a 10mm thick base plate
- It is case hardened to resist freezing, cutting and grinding attacks. It cannot be bolt-cropped
- It can be fitted with DIY tools
- It has two-stage corrosion protection with a zinc phosphate pretreatment and tough powder coating finish.
- It is Sold Secure Ground Anchors Gold approved. This means it has been tested and approved for use with motorcycles, bicycles, ATVs, etc.
- It is Police Preferred Specification - important to house builders, the Beefy Bridge ground anchor has genuine Police approval and is suitable for credit points under the Code for Sustainable Homes initiative.
- It is large enough to take high quality large-link security chains that cannot be bolt-cropped. Many ground anchors cannot cope with these chains. Smaller chains can be bolt-cropped in seconds using tools favoured by thieves. There is sufficient space for a single 19mm or 16mm or 13mm Protector (or similar) chain, or two Protector 11mm chains at once. Please note that it is not compatible with the Protector 22mm Titan chain!
- It is Made in Britain - Support British industry!
In common with our market-leading Torc Ground Anchor, the Beefy Bridge has been designed for easy DIY fit in a wide range of situations using only DIY tools. Indeed, several of the fitting kits are exactly the same as those used with the Torc Ground Anchor. This anchor is lower cost, but you still get the benefit of top quality fixings!
The instructions are written in a detailed, step-by-step way to guide you through the process of achieving a high-security fitting without needing exotic tools or advanced skills. There are numerous pictures and we are happy to give advice by e-mail.
You should generally be able to fit the Beefy Bridge in less than an hour.
The Beefy Bridge Ground Anchor is available with a choice of four fitting kits to suit your application. No other ground anchor at this price has the level of certification and the same choice of approved fitting kits! Each fitting kit is designed to give maximum security combined with ease of installation.
The Beefy Bridge Ground Anchor is available with a choice of the following fitting kits, every one of them identical to that used with our flagship Torc Ground Anchor (pricing varies):
- Concrete Floor (with chemical resin capsules, for good quality concrete)
- Brick Wall/Mediocre Concrete etc (with four expanding bolts/shield anchors, shown to the right)
- Injection resin cartridge for awkward substrates, for the best fixing in mediocre concrete etc
- Van, Steel Container and Bike Shed (with four bolts, shear nuts and load-spreading penny washers)
In each package you will get a full fitting kit and fitting instructions, together with all the relevant bolts. The concrete floor and injection resin kits include a 12mm masonry drill bit; the brick wall kit includes a 16mm masonry bit. Those kits also include a length of plastic pipe to help you clean dust from the holes!
Note: Any ground anchor using expanding bolts should not be fitted to a wall within 2.0 metres (6 feet) of its top edge - do not fit it to a low garden wall! Similarly, you should choose a location that is at least 0.3 metres (1 foot) from the nearest end of the wall - don't fit it close to an external corner. This is because the expanding bolts exert a significant expansion force on the structure of the wall when the bolts are tightened up and this can cause bricks and mortar joints to split apart. The weight of the wall above the mounting point resists this expansion force.
Remember: The wall needs to be strong! If the wall can be knocked over you have no security!
Bridge: 70mm wide and 8mm thick steel bridge continuously welded to a 10mm thick base plate
Maximum Vertical Clearance Below Bridge: 50mm (approximately, from top of cover plate to inside of inner bridge)
Maximum Horizontal Clearance Within Bridge: 70mm
Overall Clearance within Inner Bridge: 50mm high x 70mm wide (but with rounded corners at top, having 8mm internal radius)
Overall Height to top of Bridge (highest point) = 68mm
Fitting Area: 140mm x 140mm (shaped by laser within these overall dimensions)
Base Plate Thickness: 10mm
Fixings: Quantity 4, grade 10.9 high tensile M10 socket countersunk bolts, zinc plated and all supplied with hammer-in ball bearings to defeat unscrewing and drilling attacks.
Fixing Hole Centres: At the corners of a square measuring 100mm x 100mm
Finish: Zinc phosphate followed by powder coating: Black.
Our approval certificates are available online.